Doctors strike: Whittington Hospital ‘encourages’ patients with operations next week to get in touch
- Credit: PA ARCHIVE IMAGES Steve Parsons
The Whittington Hospital will contact patients to reschedule non-urgent appointments during the planned junior doctors strike next week.
The Archway hospital announced it would have additional consultants, specialist nurses and pharmacy staff in A&E to minimise waiting times during the planned five-day strike by junior doctors from September 12 to September 16.
The hospital will be contacting patients to reschedule non-urgent services and asks anyone with an appointment or operation scheduled during the planned strike action to be in touch.
A Whittington spokeswoman said: “We would like to reassure all our patients that we will continue to provide urgent and emergency care throughout these latest planned strikes.
“Throughout the planned industrial action will do our best to minimise waiting time for patients in our emergency department.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be contacting number of patients to reschedule non-urgent services and we are encouraging anyone with an appointment or planned operation scheduled during the potential strike action to contact the service for further information.”
The British Medical Association had announced junior doctors would stage a full withdrawal of labour between 8am and 5pm for the five days in question as part of a series of strikes.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
– If you are a junior doctor with views about the strike action, contact email@example.com