Doctors strike: Whittington Hospital ‘encourages’ patients with operations next week to get in touch
- Credit: PA ARCHIVE IMAGES Steve Parsons
The Whittington Hospital will contact patients to reschedule non-urgent appointments during the planned junior doctors strike next week.
The Archway hospital announced it would have additional consultants, specialist nurses and pharmacy staff in A&E to minimise waiting times during the planned five-day strike by junior doctors from September 12 to September 16.
The hospital will be contacting patients to reschedule non-urgent services and asks anyone with an appointment or operation scheduled during the planned strike action to be in touch.
A Whittington spokeswoman said: “We would like to reassure all our patients that we will continue to provide urgent and emergency care throughout these latest planned strikes.
“Throughout the planned industrial action will do our best to minimise waiting time for patients in our emergency department.
“We will be contacting number of patients to reschedule non-urgent services and we are encouraging anyone with an appointment or planned operation scheduled during the potential strike action to contact the service for further information.”
The British Medical Association had announced junior doctors would stage a full withdrawal of labour between 8am and 5pm for the five days in question as part of a series of strikes.
- 1 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 2 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 3 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 4 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 5 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 6 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
- 7 Hospital trust increasingly reliant on international medical staff
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 'Extremely distressing': Council leader's shock after Highbury Fields stabbing
- 10 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
– If you are a junior doctor with views about the strike action, contact email@example.com