Yoga flash mob takes over Clerkenwell
- Credit: Archant
Yogis in the borough reclaimed the streets of Clerkenwell on Friday.
A yoga flash mob hit St John’s Square for a free class organised by Clerkenwellbeing, a centre run by therapists with a holistic approach to health.
The class saw young and old, men and women and even city workers on their lunch break taking part.
Alex Fernandes, who helped organise the event, said: “We were really pleased with how it went.
“Tanya Fitzpatrick led a great session which everyone who took part enjoyed enormously.
You may also want to watch:
“The sun was shining, we definitely attracted more than a little attention, and a few sporting folk even got involved spontaneously which was fantastic.”
Clerkenwellbeing will be holding an open day at the centre in Goswell Road on September 17 with free taster treatments and talks as well as classes for just £5.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 9 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 10 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'