Yoga flash mob takes over Clerkenwell
- Credit: Archant
Yogis in the borough reclaimed the streets of Clerkenwell on Friday.
A yoga flash mob hit St John’s Square for a free class organised by Clerkenwellbeing, a centre run by therapists with a holistic approach to health.
The class saw young and old, men and women and even city workers on their lunch break taking part.
Alex Fernandes, who helped organise the event, said: “We were really pleased with how it went.
“Tanya Fitzpatrick led a great session which everyone who took part enjoyed enormously.
You may also want to watch:
“The sun was shining, we definitely attracted more than a little attention, and a few sporting folk even got involved spontaneously which was fantastic.”
Clerkenwellbeing will be holding an open day at the centre in Goswell Road on September 17 with free taster treatments and talks as well as classes for just £5.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Man dies after collapsing in Islington