Yoga flash mob takes over Clerkenwell
- Credit: Archant
Yogis in the borough reclaimed the streets of Clerkenwell on Friday.
A yoga flash mob hit St John’s Square for a free class organised by Clerkenwellbeing, a centre run by therapists with a holistic approach to health.
The class saw young and old, men and women and even city workers on their lunch break taking part.
Alex Fernandes, who helped organise the event, said: “We were really pleased with how it went.
“Tanya Fitzpatrick led a great session which everyone who took part enjoyed enormously.
You may also want to watch:
“The sun was shining, we definitely attracted more than a little attention, and a few sporting folk even got involved spontaneously which was fantastic.”
Clerkenwellbeing will be holding an open day at the centre in Goswell Road on September 17 with free taster treatments and talks as well as classes for just £5.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
- 8 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green