Heavily pregnant woman cut out of car crash in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
Victim - in her 40s - taken to hospital with back injuries
A heavily pregnant woman had to be cut out of her car following a smash with a bus.
The crash, at the corner of Pooles Park and Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Paark, took place about 3.30pm on March 28.
After her car and the double decker bus collided, she became trapped in the vehicle.
London Fire Brigade, police, ambulance crews and a hazardous area response team all attended the scene.
Fire fighters managed to cut her out of the car using specialist tools.
The woman, in her 40s, was taken to the Whittington Hospital to be treated for back pain.
You may also want to watch:
Another woman, in her 30s, a passenger on the bus, was taken to hospital with head pain.
Neither victim’s injuries were thought to be life-threatening.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Calvin Tucker, who witnessed the aftermath, said: “I thought it was a fatality when I first saw it, or at least a serious injury.
“They way they sheltered it off from everybody and they way they lifted her out on a stretcher, made me think the worst.”
No arrests were made.