I’m very happy at Arsenal says Hector
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Hector Bellerin insists he is “very happy” at Arsenal as the full-back continues to be linked with a move away from the Emirates Stadium.
The 23-year-old has reportedly drawn long-term interest from the likes of Juventus but looks set to stay put.
He signed a six-and-a-half year contract in 2016 and has developed through the Arsenal ranks to become a key member of their squad.
Bellerin, who has been handed the number two shirt ahead of the new season, has now moved to rubbish questions over his future.
“It is crazy that people ask me these questions all the time,” he told the London Evening Standard.
You may also want to watch:
“A few years ago I signed a very long-term contract. I have never said that I have wanted to be anywhere else.
“I am very happy in London. I am very happy at this club.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
“The club have made me who I am and gave me the chance to be the footballer I am today. So I don’t want to be anywhere else.”
Bellerin will face stiff competition at right-back from new recruit Stephan Lichtsteiner this season as head coach Unai Emery looks to hit the ground running after replacing long-serving manager Arsene Wenger in May.
Switzerland skipper Lichtsteiner joined on a free transfer from Juventus, with goalkeeper Bernd Leno, defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos and midfield duo Matteo Guendouzi and Lucas Torreira also signing for the Gunners this summer.
Emery appears happy with the shape of his squad ahead of the August transfer deadline and revealed at a press conference as part of Arsenal’s pre-season tour of Singapore that winger Alex Iwobi is close to extending his deal.
“I have the information, he is near,” he said of the Nigeria international.
“Mesut (Ozil), Mohamed Elneny and Iwobi are working with us – my first impression is very good. My information is he will sign to stay with us.”
Arsenal face Emery’s former club Paris St Germain at the Singapore National Stadium on Saturday as part of the International Champions Cup.
That follows a 1-1 draw against Atletico Madrid on Thursday in the same pre-season friendly tournament, where youngster Emile Smith Rowe impressed and scored a stunning goal, before Arsenal lost 3-1 on penalties to the Europa League holders.