Help Holloway farm win beekeeping grant
Holloway’s inner city farm is in the running for a �10,000 to get youngsters into beekeeping.
Freightliners Farm, in Sheringham Road, is a finalist in a Green Grant competition run by the Green Insurance company.
If successfully, they will use the cash to develop the Buzz Club, a project to get local kids into bee-keeping and give them the chance to learn about pollination and honey harvesting.
The farm will build a bee pond with bee-friendly plants and buy child and teenage sized bee-keeping suits.
The deadline for voting is Tuesday (February 7).
You may also want to watch:
To register your vote, visit www.greeninsurancegiving.co.uk/vote
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party