Help Holloway farm win beekeeping grant
Holloway’s inner city farm is in the running for a �10,000 to get youngsters into beekeeping.
Freightliners Farm, in Sheringham Road, is a finalist in a Green Grant competition run by the Green Insurance company.
If successfully, they will use the cash to develop the Buzz Club, a project to get local kids into bee-keeping and give them the chance to learn about pollination and honey harvesting.
The farm will build a bee pond with bee-friendly plants and buy child and teenage sized bee-keeping suits.
The deadline for voting is Tuesday (February 7).
You may also want to watch:
To register your vote, visit www.greeninsurancegiving.co.uk/vote
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn joins hundreds in rallying against 'inhumane' refugee bill
- 5 Islington food bank sees applicants triple
- 6 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 7 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 8 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 9 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 10 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'