Help us turn Islington yellow!
I am writing on behalf of all the Marie Curie Nurses in the area to appeal for your readers’ help during the Great Daffodil Appeal next March.
The Great Daffodil Appeal is Marie Curie Cancer Care’s biggest annual fundraising event when we ask everyone to wear daffodil badges and show their support for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
The funds raised help Marie Curie Nurses care for people with terminal cancer and other illnesses in their own homes, giving people the choice to die at home surrounded by the people and things that they love.
We would be very grateful to hear from anyone who believes they could place a daffodil box in a local caf�, newsagents or pub. Anywhere where people may be carrying loose change is ideal. Each box will raise around �35 and is a valuable contribution to the appeal
In addition to the daffodil boxes, the local fundraising team is calling for volunteers to help organise local collections – either by delivering daffodil boxes to high street stores, or organising a rota for a local street or supermarket collection.
You may also want to watch:
We would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who can help us as soon as possible. If you are interested, please phone Mary Jarvis on 020 7853 3415 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you may be able to help. Or visit www.mariecurie.org.ukdaffodilbox. – Mary Jarvis, Marie Curie Cancer Care.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 5 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 8 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding