Help us turn Islington yellow!
I am writing on behalf of all the Marie Curie Nurses in the area to appeal for your readers’ help during the Great Daffodil Appeal next March.
The Great Daffodil Appeal is Marie Curie Cancer Care’s biggest annual fundraising event when we ask everyone to wear daffodil badges and show their support for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
The funds raised help Marie Curie Nurses care for people with terminal cancer and other illnesses in their own homes, giving people the choice to die at home surrounded by the people and things that they love.
We would be very grateful to hear from anyone who believes they could place a daffodil box in a local caf�, newsagents or pub. Anywhere where people may be carrying loose change is ideal. Each box will raise around �35 and is a valuable contribution to the appeal
In addition to the daffodil boxes, the local fundraising team is calling for volunteers to help organise local collections – either by delivering daffodil boxes to high street stores, or organising a rota for a local street or supermarket collection.
You may also want to watch:
We would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who can help us as soon as possible. If you are interested, please phone Mary Jarvis on 020 7853 3415 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you may be able to help. Or visit www.mariecurie.org.ukdaffodilbox. – Mary Jarvis, Marie Curie Cancer Care.
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 8 Arsenal boss Montemurro picks up second straight manager of the month award
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir