Henrik Mkhitaryan says he wants to ‘create history’ with Arsenal
- Credit: Archant
Read what new signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan had to say after he joined the club on Monday.
The 29-year-old Armenian became Arsenal’s second signing of the January transfer window when he joined the club from Manchester United in a swap deal which saw wantaway Chilean Alexis Sanchez head to Old Trafford.
Armenian international Mkhitaryan moves to North London after the 29-year-old nearly joined Arsenal in the summer of 2016 but the Red Devils won the race for his signature, completing a £26.3m deal to sign him from Borussia Dortmund.
However with Sanchez agitating to leave it became apparent the former Shaktar Donetsk attacking midfielder could be involved in a straight swap.
Speaking to Arsenal.com Mhkitaryan said: “I’m very happy we could finish this deal and I’m very happy to be here.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a dream come true because I’ve always dreamed of playing for Arsenal. Now that I’m here, I’ll do my best for this club to create history.
“I always loved the way Arsenal played and the way Arsene Wenger has managed the team. There have been a lot of young players, he’s managed them and they’ve done very well. Of course I was in love with the game of Thierry Henry. I loved the way he played - and maybe that was the reason to support Arsenal.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
Mkhitaryan went on to describe his playing style as fluid, always moving from one position to another in attempt to create space, adding he couldn’t wait to start training with his new team-mates.