Highbury and Islington station: Person dies after being hit by Victoria line train
- Credit: Archant
A person has died after being hit by a Tube train at Highbury and Islington station this afternoon.
British Transport Police and paramedics were called at 12.23pm.
However, the person was pronounced dead.
The authorities are now working to identify them and inform their next of kin.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
The station gates were shut and people evacuated after the incident.
Victoria line services between King’s Cross and Seven Sisters have now resumed.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago