Highbury Fields School girl band launch album
A school band launched their album, Through The Looking Glass, at a concert in aid of charity in Islington.
The all-girl group from Highbury Fields School, in Highbury Hill, are named Room 11 after their music classroom - and produced and recorded the CD for their Year 11 project.
They held a launch night at Christ Church, Highbury Grove, Highbury, where they sold raffle tickets and gave the album to winners, raising �200 for the Cancer Research and Marie Curie Hospice charities in the process.
Cagla Temizsoy, 16, who plays piano and sings in the band, said: “We did about five or six of the songs from the album, which are mainly our own compositions with a few covers. All our parents and friends have been really helpful and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
Asked if she would one day like to follow a career in the music industry, Cagla said: “It’s something I’d love and something I enjoy doing, so hopefully one day.
You may also want to watch:
“I definitely want to finish school first though.”
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller