Highbury Fields School girl band launch album
A school band launched their album, Through The Looking Glass, at a concert in aid of charity in Islington.
The all-girl group from Highbury Fields School, in Highbury Hill, are named Room 11 after their music classroom - and produced and recorded the CD for their Year 11 project.
They held a launch night at Christ Church, Highbury Grove, Highbury, where they sold raffle tickets and gave the album to winners, raising �200 for the Cancer Research and Marie Curie Hospice charities in the process.
Cagla Temizsoy, 16, who plays piano and sings in the band, said: “We did about five or six of the songs from the album, which are mainly our own compositions with a few covers. All our parents and friends have been really helpful and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
Asked if she would one day like to follow a career in the music industry, Cagla said: “It’s something I’d love and something I enjoy doing, so hopefully one day.
You may also want to watch:
“I definitely want to finish school first though.”
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn joins hundreds in rallying against 'inhumane' refugee bill
- 5 Islington food bank sees applicants triple
- 6 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 7 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 8 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 9 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 10 How much do you know about Islington?