Highbury firm offers competition prize of free art for a year
AN ART rental company is offering one lucky resident the chance to spruce up their home with a year’s worth of rent-free art.
To mark its fifth year in business, Ginger White, an art rental company in Highbury Grove, Highbury, is launching a competition that will provide the winner with five pieces of artwork to decorate their home for a year.
Ziadul Kabir, marketing manager at Ginger White, said: “With all the doom and gloom in the news, what better way to kick start 2011 than by bringing some great artwork to help cheer up a local home.
“In recent times of recession, the money factor is becoming more important. By renting art, there is no up-front purchase cost and you can spread payments over time. So you can have great contemporary artwork without burning a hole in your wallet.”
Ginger White have been renting artwork to offices and businesses throughout London for the last four years and are now expanding to offer the service in private residences in Islington. Mr Kabir believes that art rental allows people to maintain an up-to-date and vibrant home environment that they can change regularly to suit their changing moods and tastes.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We all need a change of scenery to help break the routine, and by renting art rather than buying, you’re not stuck with the same look for years on end. With renting you can change the artwork on your walls to suit your mood and to keep your environment fresh and interesting.”
The competition will be launched on January 1, 2011 and will run throughout the month.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 6 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 9 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020