Highbury firm offers competition prize of free art for a year
AN ART rental company is offering one lucky resident the chance to spruce up their home with a year’s worth of rent-free art.
To mark its fifth year in business, Ginger White, an art rental company in Highbury Grove, Highbury, is launching a competition that will provide the winner with five pieces of artwork to decorate their home for a year.
Ziadul Kabir, marketing manager at Ginger White, said: “With all the doom and gloom in the news, what better way to kick start 2011 than by bringing some great artwork to help cheer up a local home.
“In recent times of recession, the money factor is becoming more important. By renting art, there is no up-front purchase cost and you can spread payments over time. So you can have great contemporary artwork without burning a hole in your wallet.”
Ginger White have been renting artwork to offices and businesses throughout London for the last four years and are now expanding to offer the service in private residences in Islington. Mr Kabir believes that art rental allows people to maintain an up-to-date and vibrant home environment that they can change regularly to suit their changing moods and tastes.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We all need a change of scenery to help break the routine, and by renting art rather than buying, you’re not stuck with the same look for years on end. With renting you can change the artwork on your walls to suit your mood and to keep your environment fresh and interesting.”
The competition will be launched on January 1, 2011 and will run throughout the month.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 9 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown