Highbury Leisure Centre apologises for lack of shower gel after gym-goer warns: ‘This could end in disaster’
- Credit: Archant
Some gym-goers are claiming a lack of shower gel in Highbury Leisure Centre presents a health and safety risk.
They allege the changing rooms regularly run out of shower gel, forcing people to use soap from the men’s toilets.
One customer, Harry, said: “There is no shower gel provided – many customers resort to using the hand gel in the men’s toilets.
“As you can imagine this gets messy. As people start applying the hand gel to their body some of it falls to the floor which creates a highly slippery surface. This could end in disaster if someone slipped over and hurt themselves.”
In an e-mail to Harry, Mark Leslie, service manager at Highbury Leisure Centre, apologised and said: “We strive to provide these accessories, but do not have an endless supply where they are taken on a daily basis.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that some people have been deliberately vandalising the changing area.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition