Highbury Leisure Centre apologises for lack of shower gel after gym-goer warns: ‘This could end in disaster’
- Credit: Archant
Some gym-goers are claiming a lack of shower gel in Highbury Leisure Centre presents a health and safety risk.
They allege the changing rooms regularly run out of shower gel, forcing people to use soap from the men’s toilets.
One customer, Harry, said: “There is no shower gel provided – many customers resort to using the hand gel in the men’s toilets.
“As you can imagine this gets messy. As people start applying the hand gel to their body some of it falls to the floor which creates a highly slippery surface. This could end in disaster if someone slipped over and hurt themselves.”
In an e-mail to Harry, Mark Leslie, service manager at Highbury Leisure Centre, apologised and said: “We strive to provide these accessories, but do not have an endless supply where they are taken on a daily basis.”
He added that some people have been deliberately vandalising the changing area.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 6 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 7 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids