Highbury Leisure Centre apologises for lack of shower gel after gym-goer warns: ‘This could end in disaster’
- Credit: Archant
Some gym-goers are claiming a lack of shower gel in Highbury Leisure Centre presents a health and safety risk.
They allege the changing rooms regularly run out of shower gel, forcing people to use soap from the men’s toilets.
One customer, Harry, said: “There is no shower gel provided – many customers resort to using the hand gel in the men’s toilets.
“As you can imagine this gets messy. As people start applying the hand gel to their body some of it falls to the floor which creates a highly slippery surface. This could end in disaster if someone slipped over and hurt themselves.”
In an e-mail to Harry, Mark Leslie, service manager at Highbury Leisure Centre, apologised and said: “We strive to provide these accessories, but do not have an endless supply where they are taken on a daily basis.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that some people have been deliberately vandalising the changing area.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'