Brecknock Road hit-and-run: 12-year-old cyclist hospitalised
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old cyclist was seriously injured by a hit-and-run collision in Holloway on Saturday.
Cops were called at just after 4pm to reports of a boy being struck by a motorbike on Brecknock Road.
Paramedics rushed the child to hospital. He has since been discharged and is recovering at home.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “The collision occurred as the boy was riding his bicycle across a designated crossing point at the junction with Toriano Avenue. “He was struck by the motorcycle, which failed to stop at the scene – work continues to trace the motorcycle and rider.”
Police are appealing to anyone who witnessed the collision, or the events surrounding the collision, to contact them on 020 7230 1036.
You may also want to watch:
Do you know the victim? Contact Lucas at the newsdesk on 0207 4330121 or email@example.com
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’