Brecknock Road hit-and-run: 12-year-old cyclist hospitalised
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old cyclist was seriously injured by a hit-and-run collision in Holloway on Saturday.
Cops were called at just after 4pm to reports of a boy being struck by a motorbike on Brecknock Road.
Paramedics rushed the child to hospital. He has since been discharged and is recovering at home.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “The collision occurred as the boy was riding his bicycle across a designated crossing point at the junction with Toriano Avenue. “He was struck by the motorcycle, which failed to stop at the scene – work continues to trace the motorcycle and rider.”
Police are appealing to anyone who witnessed the collision, or the events surrounding the collision, to contact them on 020 7230 1036.
You may also want to watch:
Do you know the victim? Contact Lucas at the newsdesk on 0207 4330121 or email@example.com
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing