Holloway bank staff raise money for cancer support charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Barclays Bank in Holloway Road swapped their suits for aprons as they took part in a charity drive.
Employees from the branch helped ensure customers were well fed and watered as they served coffee and cakes to all comers.
The event was part of Macmillan Cancer Support’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning on Friday September 26 and staff managed to raise £260 for the charity.
Monica De Freitas, Holloway Road assistant branch manager said: “It has been great to be involved in Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning once again this year.
“It was a great day for both colleagues and our customers, and was fantastic to take the time to show the local community just why we are supporting Macmillan – the coffee break was just the icing on the cake.”
You may also want to watch:
The Holloway Road branch also invited staff from Hackney-based restaurant Stone Cave to serve samples of savoury food to customers in return for a donation to Macmillan.
Becky Ellison, partnership account manager at Macmillan Cancer Support said: “I’d like to thank everyone at Barclays in Holloway Road for taking the time to support Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning. We hope you enjoyed making your coffee break count.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 7 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
- 8 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover