Holloway bank staff raise money for cancer support charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Barclays Bank in Holloway Road swapped their suits for aprons as they took part in a charity drive.
Employees from the branch helped ensure customers were well fed and watered as they served coffee and cakes to all comers.
The event was part of Macmillan Cancer Support’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning on Friday September 26 and staff managed to raise £260 for the charity.
Monica De Freitas, Holloway Road assistant branch manager said: “It has been great to be involved in Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning once again this year.
“It was a great day for both colleagues and our customers, and was fantastic to take the time to show the local community just why we are supporting Macmillan – the coffee break was just the icing on the cake.”
You may also want to watch:
The Holloway Road branch also invited staff from Hackney-based restaurant Stone Cave to serve samples of savoury food to customers in return for a donation to Macmillan.
Becky Ellison, partnership account manager at Macmillan Cancer Support said: “I’d like to thank everyone at Barclays in Holloway Road for taking the time to support Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning. We hope you enjoyed making your coffee break count.”
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 10 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections