Holloway company raises �50,000 for cancer charity
A building supplies company has raised more than �50,000 for charity in its 90th year of trading.
Lawsons, which has a branch in Blundell Street, Holloway Road, organised a series of events in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support throughout 2011 and has just presented the charity with a giant cheque for the grand total.
Fundraising initiatives included darts tournaments, directors leg waxing, golf days, fun days and charity auctions.
Lawsons MD Joe Inzani said: “We are absolutely delighted with the final figure raised for Macmillan.
“We were really well supported by the staff, customers and suppliers alike.
You may also want to watch:
‘‘The final figure not only exceeded all our expectations but was also was the largest single corporate donation received by Macmillan in the region all year.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault