Holloway company raises �50,000 for cancer charity
A building supplies company has raised more than �50,000 for charity in its 90th year of trading.
Lawsons, which has a branch in Blundell Street, Holloway Road, organised a series of events in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support throughout 2011 and has just presented the charity with a giant cheque for the grand total.
Fundraising initiatives included darts tournaments, directors leg waxing, golf days, fun days and charity auctions.
Lawsons MD Joe Inzani said: “We are absolutely delighted with the final figure raised for Macmillan.
“We were really well supported by the staff, customers and suppliers alike.
You may also want to watch:
‘‘The final figure not only exceeded all our expectations but was also was the largest single corporate donation received by Macmillan in the region all year.”
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets