Man arrested on suspicion of Holloway murder over body found in wheelie bin
- Credit: Archant
A 52-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a body was found in a wheelie bin near the back of the Holloway Road Waitrose.
Police were called to Tollington Road at 4pm on Saturday after the man's body was discovered.
Scotland Yard said a man was being held after he was arrested yesterday. Detectives are still trying to identify the man who died.
The incident came days after the Gazette reported on the problems with drug dealing and using in and around the supermarket's car park.
A neighbour said people "smoking crack" and "screaming" outside her house in Shelburne Road has become part of the daily routine. Police told the Gazette there was an "enhanced team" of officers patrolling the area in response to the issues.
You may also want to watch:
There is no suggestion the death is linked to the drug problems.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'