Holloway estate agent celebrates over 50 years working for the same company
- Credit: Archant
Times change but some things stay the same – just ask Holloway estate agent Ron Creed who has been working for the same company for more than half a century.
Ron, 84, has been working for Drivers and Norris in Holloway Road for a staggering 52 years and reckons his love of work have helped him stay young.
Ron, who lives in Radlett, first joined the company in August 1943. He left for 18 years in the 60s but returned in 1979 and has stayed put ever since.
His career began in the filing room but he now finds himself a partner in the company and one of the most treasured staff members.
Ron said: “I still work every day although I do four days at home now. I’ll go to the office once a week for a meeting and because I like to see everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t think I will ever retire. My doctor told me to keep going as long as I can. It keeps my brain active and I enjoy it.”
Do you know anyone who has been working for longer than Ron or to an older age? If so, contact us on 020 7433 6206.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller