Holloway mother stabbing: Police arrest man in connection to Caedmon Road knife attack in front of toddler
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man in connection to the brutal stabbing of a Holloway mother in front of her three-year-old son.
A 26-year-old man was arrested this morning on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm (GBH). He's currently being held at Holborn Police Station.
Officers were called 16:56pm last Friday to reports of a stabbing on Caedmon Road.
Police and paramedics responded after Christel Stanfield-Bruce was stabbed in the back of her left thigh while pushing her son in a pram.
She was approached by a male and asked for directions. He then asked for her phone and stabbed her, before fleeing without taking it.
You may also want to watch:
"It's lucky it didn't hit the major artery in my leg," Christel told the Gazette on Monday.
"I'm just in shock still and the anxiety about leaving the house is starting to build up. This morning I was thinking: 'Gosh, I'm going to have to leave the safety soon.'"
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
Her husband Quinn, 34, added: "She phoned me from the ambulance and said; 'I was stabbed and they're taking me to St Mary's major trauma unit.' I don't really have words for this - it's sort of a state of numbness."
Christel was discharged from hospital on Saturday morning and her injuries are not life-changing.
Police continue to investigate the attack.