Holloway pub fundraiser in November for Helping Hand Poppy appeal
Relatives of a disabled girl who has been refused NHS funding for silicon prosthetic limbs are holding a fundraising event.
Poppy Pickford’s family is staging a fundraiser in The Phibbers pub in Holloway Road, Holloway, from 9pm on Saturday November 26 which will include live music and a raffle.
Poppy, aged one, of Surr Close, Holloway, has a severely shortened arm but her mum Donna Padfield said Islington Primary Care Trust told her they will not pay for silicon limbs until her daughter is 18, due to the cost of regular replacements as her body grows. Ms Padfield launched an appeal to raise �33,000 for the silicon limbs.
She said: “Some very kind people and businesses have made donations. More than �1,000 has been donated online.”
Three family friends will attempt a 13,000ft skydive in December to raise cash for Poppy and Ms Padfield said sponsored runs are also planned. Tickets cost �5 for Saturday’s event on the door.
You may also want to watch:
To support Poppy contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The event was advertised in The Islington Gazette as taking place this Saturday October 29. Apologies for the confusion. *
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire