Holloway pub fundraiser in November for Helping Hand Poppy appeal
Relatives of a disabled girl who has been refused NHS funding for silicon prosthetic limbs are holding a fundraising event.
Poppy Pickford’s family is staging a fundraiser in The Phibbers pub in Holloway Road, Holloway, from 9pm on Saturday November 26 which will include live music and a raffle.
Poppy, aged one, of Surr Close, Holloway, has a severely shortened arm but her mum Donna Padfield said Islington Primary Care Trust told her they will not pay for silicon limbs until her daughter is 18, due to the cost of regular replacements as her body grows. Ms Padfield launched an appeal to raise �33,000 for the silicon limbs.
She said: “Some very kind people and businesses have made donations. More than �1,000 has been donated online.”
Three family friends will attempt a 13,000ft skydive in December to raise cash for Poppy and Ms Padfield said sponsored runs are also planned. Tickets cost �5 for Saturday’s event on the door.
You may also want to watch:
To support Poppy contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The event was advertised in The Islington Gazette as taking place this Saturday October 29. Apologies for the confusion. *
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 7 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 8 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Trial halted after Extinction Rebellion protester glues himself to the dock