Holloway Road closure: Tufnell Park Road at standstill after lorry and bus crash
- Credit: Archant
A lorry and a number 17 bus have crashed in Tufnell Park Road, the residential street being used as the main diversion during the A1 closure.
The 1.30pm collision, described as “more of a knock” by TfL, left the bus with a smashed window.
The lorry had to be parked on the pavement after its load shifted, forcing police to completely close the road.
The crash took place between Littlefield Close and Warrender Road and witnesses described seeing “literally 30 buses” gridlocked in the area.
Traffic from Holloway Road is being diverted along Tufnell Park Road while the Upper Holloway bridge replacement works take place.
You may also want to watch:
The last-minute closure, which began on Friday night, has caused uproar among commuters, homeowners and the town hall with major delays and congestion expected until January 16.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother