Holloway Road closure: Tufnell Park Road at standstill after lorry and bus crash
- Credit: Archant
A lorry and a number 17 bus have crashed in Tufnell Park Road, the residential street being used as the main diversion during the A1 closure.
The 1.30pm collision, described as “more of a knock” by TfL, left the bus with a smashed window.
The lorry had to be parked on the pavement after its load shifted, forcing police to completely close the road.
The crash took place between Littlefield Close and Warrender Road and witnesses described seeing “literally 30 buses” gridlocked in the area.
Traffic from Holloway Road is being diverted along Tufnell Park Road while the Upper Holloway bridge replacement works take place.
The last-minute closure, which began on Friday night, has caused uproar among commuters, homeowners and the town hall with major delays and congestion expected until January 16.
- 1 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 2 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 3 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 4 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 'Robot' prisoner locked up indefinitely for killing Serco custody officer
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets
- 8 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 9 WATCH: Sauna fire rips through Old Street leisure centre
- 10 Murder trial: Accused travelled to London to 'Netflix and chill' with woman