Holloway Road closure: Tufnell Park Road at standstill after lorry and bus crash
- Credit: Archant
A lorry and a number 17 bus have crashed in Tufnell Park Road, the residential street being used as the main diversion during the A1 closure.
The 1.30pm collision, described as “more of a knock” by TfL, left the bus with a smashed window.
The lorry had to be parked on the pavement after its load shifted, forcing police to completely close the road.
The crash took place between Littlefield Close and Warrender Road and witnesses described seeing “literally 30 buses” gridlocked in the area.
Traffic from Holloway Road is being diverted along Tufnell Park Road while the Upper Holloway bridge replacement works take place.
You may also want to watch:
The last-minute closure, which began on Friday night, has caused uproar among commuters, homeowners and the town hall with major delays and congestion expected until January 16.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know