Holloway Road fire: Old record shop goes up in flames days after drugs raid
- Credit: Archant
An abandoned record shop in Holloway Road went up in flames on Saturday morning – less than 48 hours after police stormed the building in a drugs raid.
Fire crews were called to the old Metro Music store opposite Holloway Road Tube station at 6.30am.
No one was injured in the blaze, which took 35 firefighters almost two hours to bring under control.
On Thursday, the Highbury police team posted on Twitter to say they had executed a warrant at the building and seized drugs.
London Fire Brigade said the cause of the blaze was under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Islington police have been contacted for a comment.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing