Holloway’s Centre 404 charity praised after short notice inspection
- Credit: Arsenal FC via Getty Images
A Holloway charity for people with learning disabilities has been praised in its latest inspection report.
Centre 404, in Camden Road, has been rated as “good” by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
This rank is second on a scale of four, and the charity has maintained this score from its last inspection in August 2015.
CQC inspectors visited Centre 404 at short notice in November, and the report, published on February 16, reads: “The provider and staff teams worked hard to ensure that the service offered an outstandingly caring environment.
“The service was bespoke and built around the people that used it and was not operated for anyone’s convenience other than the people that used the service.
You may also want to watch:
“Compassion and respect were at the heart of the values that staff displayed and people’s abilities, or impairment to their abilities, did not dictate how they were supported to live their lives.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 10 Heartbreak for Team GB as Australia end Olympic dream