Holloway stab victim Andrew Jaipaul gets song tribute
A rapper and singer have recorded an emotional song dedicated to their friend and tragic stabbing victim Andew Jaipaul.
Rapper Kwame Ryan, 24, aka Avalanch, and singer Novlet Levy, 19, penned Tribute to Andrew Jaipaul in memory of the 21-year-old, who was killed by a gang on the Andover Estate, off Hornsey Road, Holloway, on June 26.
The duo taped a video on the estate where Mr Jaipaul was killed and uploaded it to YouTube where it has already had more than 3,500 hits.
Mr Ryan, of nearby Tollington Park, said: “The song has had a massive impact on the community and has such a positive message to the young and older people who live in the area.
“We’re trying to make everyone aware that we’ve got to change and improve the area. We have been selling it on CD locally to help raise money for the Jaipaul family, and all the money is going to the family.”
You may also want to watch:
The YouTube page has dozens of tributes to Mr Jaipaul, who lived in Birnham Road. One poster, AM2PMWaveeyDonss, said: “Big respect for people out there trying to make a positive change. R.I.P AJ.” MusicallyLifted, said: “Words can’t even describe how people are feeling about such a senseless and unprovoked act.”
- 1 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?