Holloway stab victim Andrew Jaipaul gets song tribute
A rapper and singer have recorded an emotional song dedicated to their friend and tragic stabbing victim Andew Jaipaul.
Rapper Kwame Ryan, 24, aka Avalanch, and singer Novlet Levy, 19, penned Tribute to Andrew Jaipaul in memory of the 21-year-old, who was killed by a gang on the Andover Estate, off Hornsey Road, Holloway, on June 26.
The duo taped a video on the estate where Mr Jaipaul was killed and uploaded it to YouTube where it has already had more than 3,500 hits.
Mr Ryan, of nearby Tollington Park, said: “The song has had a massive impact on the community and has such a positive message to the young and older people who live in the area.
“We’re trying to make everyone aware that we’ve got to change and improve the area. We have been selling it on CD locally to help raise money for the Jaipaul family, and all the money is going to the family.”
The YouTube page has dozens of tributes to Mr Jaipaul, who lived in Birnham Road. One poster, AM2PMWaveeyDonss, said: “Big respect for people out there trying to make a positive change. R.I.P AJ.” MusicallyLifted, said: “Words can’t even describe how people are feeling about such a senseless and unprovoked act.”
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 4 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 5 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 6 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 7 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 8 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 9 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 10 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis