Holloway stab victim Andrew Jaipaul gets song tribute
A rapper and singer have recorded an emotional song dedicated to their friend and tragic stabbing victim Andew Jaipaul.
Rapper Kwame Ryan, 24, aka Avalanch, and singer Novlet Levy, 19, penned Tribute to Andrew Jaipaul in memory of the 21-year-old, who was killed by a gang on the Andover Estate, off Hornsey Road, Holloway, on June 26.
The duo taped a video on the estate where Mr Jaipaul was killed and uploaded it to YouTube where it has already had more than 3,500 hits.
Mr Ryan, of nearby Tollington Park, said: “The song has had a massive impact on the community and has such a positive message to the young and older people who live in the area.
“We’re trying to make everyone aware that we’ve got to change and improve the area. We have been selling it on CD locally to help raise money for the Jaipaul family, and all the money is going to the family.”
You may also want to watch:
The YouTube page has dozens of tributes to Mr Jaipaul, who lived in Birnham Road. One poster, AM2PMWaveeyDonss, said: “Big respect for people out there trying to make a positive change. R.I.P AJ.” MusicallyLifted, said: “Words can’t even describe how people are feeling about such a senseless and unprovoked act.”
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 10 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints