Hollyoaks star raises road safety awareness in Holloway
Hollyoaks actor Craig Vye took part in a car crash reconstruction to raise awareness about what is the biggest killer of young people in the UK.
The soap star plays dodgy cop Ethan Scott on the Channel Four show, who was recently the culprit in a hit-and-run plotline.
He appeared at City and Islington College in Camden Road, Holloway, for Road Safety Week, where he met a young woman whose student boyfriend was tragically killed in a car crash.
Hayley Porter, 23, who lost Jospeh Pomeroy, 23, in December 2009, said: “I’m not living the life I was destined for and have been left with a permanently broken heart because of the actions of a young driver who took risks with Joe’s life.
“Drivers have a responsibility to look out for the safety of their passengers and other people – it’s not just your own life you risk when you drive fast or drink drive or use a mobile.”
Mr Vye said: “It really brought it home to me the devastating effects these accidents can have.”
- 1 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 2 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op