Hollyoaks star raises road safety awareness in Holloway
Hollyoaks actor Craig Vye took part in a car crash reconstruction to raise awareness about what is the biggest killer of young people in the UK.
The soap star plays dodgy cop Ethan Scott on the Channel Four show, who was recently the culprit in a hit-and-run plotline.
He appeared at City and Islington College in Camden Road, Holloway, for Road Safety Week, where he met a young woman whose student boyfriend was tragically killed in a car crash.
Hayley Porter, 23, who lost Jospeh Pomeroy, 23, in December 2009, said: “I’m not living the life I was destined for and have been left with a permanently broken heart because of the actions of a young driver who took risks with Joe’s life.
“Drivers have a responsibility to look out for the safety of their passengers and other people – it’s not just your own life you risk when you drive fast or drink drive or use a mobile.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Vye said: “It really brought it home to me the devastating effects these accidents can have.”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller