Hollyoaks star raises road safety awareness in Holloway
Hollyoaks actor Craig Vye took part in a car crash reconstruction to raise awareness about what is the biggest killer of young people in the UK.
The soap star plays dodgy cop Ethan Scott on the Channel Four show, who was recently the culprit in a hit-and-run plotline.
He appeared at City and Islington College in Camden Road, Holloway, for Road Safety Week, where he met a young woman whose student boyfriend was tragically killed in a car crash.
Hayley Porter, 23, who lost Jospeh Pomeroy, 23, in December 2009, said: “I’m not living the life I was destined for and have been left with a permanently broken heart because of the actions of a young driver who took risks with Joe’s life.
“Drivers have a responsibility to look out for the safety of their passengers and other people – it’s not just your own life you risk when you drive fast or drink drive or use a mobile.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Vye said: “It really brought it home to me the devastating effects these accidents can have.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'