Hornsey Road Children’s Centre congratulates Duchess of Cambridge after cancelled visit
- Credit: PA WIRE
A visit to a children’s centre by a member of the royal family was cancelled today after Kensington Palace announced the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child.
The Duchess was due to arrive at Hornsey Road Children’s Centre on Monday morning to view its messy play facilities whilst meeting users of its perinatal services.
But the planned visit had to be cancelled because the Duchess, 35, was suffering from severe morning sickness.
Family Action chief executive David Holmes CBE said: “We would like to give our warmest congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
on the wonderful news they are expecting their third child.
You may also want to watch:
“We are honoured The Duchess of Cambridge chose to visit.
“Although she is no longer able to attend we entirely understand why this wasn’t possible,” he added.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing