Hornsey Road Children’s Centre congratulates Duchess of Cambridge after cancelled visit
- Credit: PA WIRE
A visit to a children’s centre by a member of the royal family was cancelled today after Kensington Palace announced the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child.
The Duchess was due to arrive at Hornsey Road Children’s Centre on Monday morning to view its messy play facilities whilst meeting users of its perinatal services.
But the planned visit had to be cancelled because the Duchess, 35, was suffering from severe morning sickness.
Family Action chief executive David Holmes CBE said: “We would like to give our warmest congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
on the wonderful news they are expecting their third child.
You may also want to watch:
“We are honoured The Duchess of Cambridge chose to visit.
“Although she is no longer able to attend we entirely understand why this wasn’t possible,” he added.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'