Hospital not safe
UNFORTUNATELY, Councillor Terry Stacy (Viewpoints, Gazette, August 26), is wrong if he, or any of his his fellow Liberal Democrats, thinks that services at The Whittington Hospital are safe. If only that were the case. Defend The Whittington Hospital was
UNFORTUNATELY, Councillor Terry Stacy (Viewpoints, Gazette, August 26), is wrong if he, or any of his his fellow Liberal Democrats, thinks that services at The Whittington Hospital are safe. If only that were the case.
Defend The Whittington Hospital was set up to defend health provision at The Whittington Hospital and in the wider local area. This is now threatened, which is why we are keeping up the pressure on the Department of Health and our local NHS.
We have a letter from Stephen Conroy, the communications director for North Central London NHS, on our website, www.dwhc.org.uk, which answers my request for a guarantee about the continued safety of services at The Whittington and the other hospitals in north London. Mr Conroy does not guarantee the continuance of accident and emergency, trauma, maternity and paediatric services at The Whittington and other North Central London hospitals. It should be noted that serious cutbacks in mental health provision are also being made.
All our health services are more at risk than they were because of the policies and cuts of the Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition. The current White Paper on Health, is a scary document and puts all our NHS at risk of privatisation, and means that decisions about hospital and heath care could be made by private management firms acting for GPs, and our hospitals could become private foundation trusts, where nurses and doctors could be employed by private companies instead of the NHS.
You may also want to watch:
The big worry is that, as a result of this combination of NHS privatisation and the �20billion NHS "efficiency savings" proposed by the Con-Dem Government, our health system will increasingly move towards the United States model with lower levels of state care and people forced to go private or take out expensive, exploitative health insurance in order to get many treatments currently available on the NHS.
Are the Liberal Democrats really prepared to see our NHS privatised and destroyed?
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
We are not complacent about the threats to our health services. Therefore DWHC opposes the White Paper and is building a campaign against it. - Shirley Franklin, chairwoman, Defend The Whittington Hospital Coalition, via e-mail.