Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- Credit: Google
Six people fled a house in Finsbury Park this afternoon (May 11), after a fire broke out inside.
Fire fighters were called to tackle the blaze which took hold of the terraced house in Marriott Road just before 3.30pm.
According to the London Fire Brigade, four fire engines and about 25 firefighters were drafted to the scene.
Six people left the property before the Brigade arrived, and one woman was treated outside for smoke inhalation.
"A significant part of the ground floor of the terraced house is alight," said a spokesperson for the London Fire Brigade.
The blaze was brought under control within 20 minutes.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey