Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- Credit: Google
Six people fled a house in Finsbury Park this afternoon (May 11), after a fire broke out inside.
Fire fighters were called to tackle the blaze which took hold of the terraced house in Marriott Road just before 3.30pm.
According to the London Fire Brigade, four fire engines and about 25 firefighters were drafted to the scene.
Six people left the property before the Brigade arrived, and one woman was treated outside for smoke inhalation.
"A significant part of the ground floor of the terraced house is alight," said a spokesperson for the London Fire Brigade.
The blaze was brought under control within 20 minutes.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension