Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- Credit: Google
Are you interested in what developments could be coming to your area?
Take a look at our round-up of some notable planning applications received or decided by Islington Council in the last 30 days.
For more information about these proposals and a full list of applications, search the council's planning portal.
Where: 156 Junction Road, Tufnell Park N19 5QQ
What: Build a five-storey building made up of eight self-contained residential units, and associated works.
When: Application received June 6 / registered June 23
- 1 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 2 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 3 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 4 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 5 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 6 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 7 London among areas where drought is declared
- 8 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 9 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 10 Man charged following firearms and fire incident in Islington
The proposed homes would include one one-bedroom, six two-bedroom and one three-bedroom flats.
The site is currently vacant and a short walk from Tufnell Park Underground Station.
Where: 1 Canonbury Place, Islington N1 2NQ
What: Change of use from office - Class E(c) - to convert it back to a single dwelling house (Use Class C3).
When: Approved subject to conditions and legal agreement on June 9
The building is a Grade II listed property in the Canonbury Conservation Area and was originally used as a home.
Reinstatement of the original house includes interior and exterior repair and restoration works and minor associated works.
Where: Floral Place, 7 Northampton Grove, Canonbury N1 2PL
What: Change of use from Class E to residential (Class C3) to covert the building from an adoption agency centre to flats.
When: Notification of prior approval received June 14
The former Victorian dwelling house would be converted into three one-bedroom, self-contained flats under the plans.