Hull City v Arsenal: your best bets
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Following their, ahem, fortunate victory over Southampton at the weekend, the Gunners travel to Humberside on Saturday for what bookies believe is a foregone conclusion – a league contest against Hull City.
Data issued by the match stats team at bettingexpert.com appears to support this belief because Hull City last recorded a home victory over Arsenal more than a century ago – in 1915, when both sides occupied a berth in the old Division Two.
History and Arsenal’s weekend win have persuaded Unibet to install them as overwhelming 4/7 favourites to harvest maximum points at the KC Stadium.
It’s worth noting that Hull are level on points with their guests, yet online bookie Matchbook.com price them at 6/1 to win, while William Hill post 7/2 against the draw.
As the Tigers have lost only once this season – an unlucky injury-time defeat by Manchester United – their match win odds look rather too frothy.
You may also want to watch:
Punters who concur might be inclined to risk a few quid on the draw, especially as 188bet chalk almost 8/1 against it finishing one apiece and William Hill offer 5/1 against both halves ending on level terms.
Contrarian backers expecting a much closer encounter than many pundits predict may be persuaded to run the rule over the 2/1 posted by bet365 against the opening period ending scoreless. If that appeals, 888sport’s attractive 17/5 for the Gunners to win following a drawn first half also catches the eye.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
Odds supplied by www.smartbets.com, the customisable odds comparison site
Offer of the week
SmartBets compares the market to provide you with the very best odds on all Premier League matches. For details, visit: https://www.smartbets.com/football/england/premier-league/