Hundreds of designer clothes to go on sale at Islington charity event
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A charity which dresses and trains women on low incomes for job interviews is holding a designer clothes sale.
Couture dresses, designer jackets and other items from top high street brands will be on offer at knock-down prices at the event in St Stephens Church, Canonbury Road, on May 17.
Personal shoppers and stylists will also be on hand to help visitors choose the outfits that suit them best.
The sale is being organised by Islington-based charity Smart Works, which helps disadvantaged women get back into work.
Stylists help the women find the right clothes to make them feel confident before they receive one-on-one interview training from a team of volunteers.
The charity relies on generous donations of high-quality clothes from professional women and retailers.
Accessories, bridal wear and men’s clothing will also be on sale from 11am.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Man arrested, cyclist seriously injured after alleged hit and run
- 3 MP Claudia Webbe loses harassment conviction appeal - but sentence reduced
- 4 Jewish Heritage Trail project receives massive funding boost
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 New mayor to support Islington hospitals
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 9 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 10 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
Entry is £2 and purchases up to £300 are cash only. Visit smartworks.org.uk for more details.