Hundreds of designer clothes to go on sale at Islington charity event
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A charity which dresses and trains women on low incomes for job interviews is holding a designer clothes sale.
Couture dresses, designer jackets and other items from top high street brands will be on offer at knock-down prices at the event in St Stephens Church, Canonbury Road, on May 17.
Personal shoppers and stylists will also be on hand to help visitors choose the outfits that suit them best.
The sale is being organised by Islington-based charity Smart Works, which helps disadvantaged women get back into work.
Stylists help the women find the right clothes to make them feel confident before they receive one-on-one interview training from a team of volunteers.
The charity relies on generous donations of high-quality clothes from professional women and retailers.
Accessories, bridal wear and men’s clothing will also be on sale from 11am.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 Poorer households in Islington could see council tax cut
- 5 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 6 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 7 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 8 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 9 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 10 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
Entry is £2 and purchases up to £300 are cash only. Visit smartworks.org.uk for more details.