Hundreds of designer clothes to go on sale at Islington charity event
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A charity which dresses and trains women on low incomes for job interviews is holding a designer clothes sale.
Couture dresses, designer jackets and other items from top high street brands will be on offer at knock-down prices at the event in St Stephens Church, Canonbury Road, on May 17.
Personal shoppers and stylists will also be on hand to help visitors choose the outfits that suit them best.
The sale is being organised by Islington-based charity Smart Works, which helps disadvantaged women get back into work.
Stylists help the women find the right clothes to make them feel confident before they receive one-on-one interview training from a team of volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
The charity relies on generous donations of high-quality clothes from professional women and retailers.
Accessories, bridal wear and men’s clothing will also be on sale from 11am.
- 1 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 5 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 8 Yerbury pupils stage High Court protest against Ocado's plans
- 9 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
Entry is £2 and purchases up to £300 are cash only. Visit smartworks.org.uk for more details.