Hundreds of designer clothes to go on sale at Islington charity event
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A charity which dresses and trains women on low incomes for job interviews is holding a designer clothes sale.
Couture dresses, designer jackets and other items from top high street brands will be on offer at knock-down prices at the event in St Stephens Church, Canonbury Road, on May 17.
Personal shoppers and stylists will also be on hand to help visitors choose the outfits that suit them best.
The sale is being organised by Islington-based charity Smart Works, which helps disadvantaged women get back into work.
Stylists help the women find the right clothes to make them feel confident before they receive one-on-one interview training from a team of volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
The charity relies on generous donations of high-quality clothes from professional women and retailers.
Accessories, bridal wear and men’s clothing will also be on sale from 11am.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
Entry is £2 and purchases up to £300 are cash only. Visit smartworks.org.uk for more details.