Hundreds take on giant yellow water slide at King’s Cross
- Credit: Archant
Thrill seekers from all over London came to King’s Cross last week to fling themselves down a giant yellow water slide.
Children and adults responded to social media excitement by turning up in their droves to fly down the 100-metre inflatable which ran along King’s Cross Boulevard.
Organisers Lipton Ice Tea quickly sold out of free advanced tickets which were snapped up online but many others were willing to queue up for a spot of fun outside the busy station on Friday and Saturday.
Sun A Kim, a 26-year-old Central St Martin’s student from South Korea, said: “It was really fun.
“We didn’t plan to go there but it’s right in front of our school so my friend asked the staff ‘how can I buy tickets’ and she just told us to queue up.”
You may also want to watch:
Others took to Twitter to comment on the slide.
Sarah H (@sarahelenagef) wrote: “It’s not summer until a giant slip ‘n slide appears out of nowhere in King’s Cross @ King’s Cross St.”
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 3 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 4 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 5 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 6 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
Freya Rodger (@freyarodger), missed out on the fun: “Gutted I didn’t have my swimmers with me to try #BeADaybreaker water slide at King’s Cross.”
The slide was part of Lipton Ice Tea’s marketing campaign, a series of free morning events.