I’ll lose toy boy if I ditch Botox
I’m 40, look in my 20s, and I’ve kept that look through Botox injections, which just freeze your frown lines. It’s worked a treat in my industry – fashion.
Last week, though, my boss said that after an important meeting the clients said that I ‘wasn’t impressive’ and that I’d sat through the meeting ‘expressionless’.
I confided, all tears, to my only friend about this, and she said: ‘Your face is blank, quite honestly!’
I have a wonderful 25-year-old toy boy, a great job, and a good salary. Do I ditch the Botox to stay in my job and look old and lose my boyfriend? It’s a tough call.
Barbara says: My view – ditch the Botox. It’s not doing you any favours at work or in friendship. You have only one friend? That’s pretty sad. Can’t you be who you are, experience and all?
You may also want to watch:
Faces are supposed to show feelings. That’s their job. Let yours do its job. And if your boyfriend hasn’t told you that your face is blank, do you really think there are feelings in this relationship?
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 9 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series