Iconic Islington venue available to hire for free
- Credit: Archant
One for the most famous and iconic venues in the borough is available to use for free.
Community groups and charities can apply for gratis use of Islington Assembly Hall, next to the town hall in Upper Street. There are ten free hires to give away, but applicants have to be quick - the deadline in January 25.
Cllr Rakhia Ismail, Islington Council’s executive member for community development, said, “The free hire scheme is a great chance for the local community to use one of the finest venues in the heart of London, for free.
“We’ve had a number of high profile music acts at Islington Assembly Hall, but it is the community group use that makes more of an impact for residents. I encourage all local groups looking for a venue to hire in 2015, to apply to this scheme.”
Last year’s lucky winners held events as diverse as a tea dance for International Older People’s Day, a spring ball showcasing arts in the borough (as part of the Word Festival) and a celebration of the sporting achievements of local school children, featruing GB hockey player Darren Cheeseman (pictured)
You may also want to watch:
Islington Assembly Hall is a Grade II-listed building that can seat 420 and boasts stage lighting and a fully-sprung ballroom dance floor. In recent years The Foo-Fighters, Fall out Boy, Adam Ant, the Zombies and Paul Daniels gracing the stage.
For more information, click here
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy