Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- Credit: Met Police
A seventh man has been charged with murder after Imani Allaway-Muir was fatally shot in Islington.
James Nicholson, 34, of no fixed address, was arrested on February 25 and has been charged with murder.
He was due to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court today (February 26).
Mr Allaway-Muir, 22, was shot dead “in broad daylight” near a children’s playground in the Westbourne Estate, Holloway, on July 4.
Emergency services were called to Roman Way at 3.20pm but despite the best efforts of paramedics, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination found he had died of a gunshot wound.
On July 9 Nathaniel Reece, 39, of Southgate Road, De Beauvoir, was charged with murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and Matthew Hardy, 34, of Six Acres Estate, Finsbury Park, was charged with murder.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
Demetrios Kyriacou, 33, of Liverpool Road, Barnsbury; Darren Dredge, 38, of no fixed abode; and Hassan Hamza, 27, of Arundel Square, Barnsbury were all charged with murder on July 16.
Then Dean Walker, 31, of Shearling Way in the Cally was charged with murder on December 3.
A trial date has been set for February 2022.