Injury concern over Saka as Arsenal boss Arteta gives update on youngster’s fitness
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has given an update on the fitness of Bukayo Saka after the youngster was forced off at half-time in Sunday’s 0-0 draw with Burnley at Turf Moor.
The 18-year-old has shone at left-back since Arteta's December appointment, covering admirably for the injured Sead Kolasinac and Kieran Tierney.
There is now concern over his fitness though after picking up a knock on Sunday.
"He had a knock in his knee and his hip, so we will see," said Arteta.
"He's been a threat for us and in the way we planned the game, we thought we could exploit them with him and he did really well when he was fit.
You may also want to watch:
"I think in the last 10 to 15 minutes he was carrying his injury.
"We decided to substitute him because he wasn't feeling good, so tomorrow we will know how he is."
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting