Injury concern over Saka as Arsenal boss Arteta gives update on youngster’s fitness
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has given an update on the fitness of Bukayo Saka after the youngster was forced off at half-time in Sunday’s 0-0 draw with Burnley at Turf Moor.
The 18-year-old has shone at left-back since Arteta's December appointment, covering admirably for the injured Sead Kolasinac and Kieran Tierney.
There is now concern over his fitness though after picking up a knock on Sunday.
"He had a knock in his knee and his hip, so we will see," said Arteta.
"He's been a threat for us and in the way we planned the game, we thought we could exploit them with him and he did really well when he was fit.
You may also want to watch:
"I think in the last 10 to 15 minutes he was carrying his injury.
"We decided to substitute him because he wasn't feeling good, so tomorrow we will know how he is."
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother