Inquest hears Islington student died after crashing into tree
- Credit: Archant
A student from Islington died after crashing into a tree, an inquest has heard.
Eighteen-year-old Daniel MacMillan died at the scene of the crash on East Ruston Road in Norfolk’s Lessingham, near Happisburgh.
He was driving a silver Ford Fiesta which hit a tree on August 27 before 8am.
The crash closed the road, stopped bus services into the coastal village by Eccles-on-Sea and prompted Norfolk Constabulary to appeal for witnesses, information or dashcam footage of the incident.
An inquest into his death opened on Tuesday, September 1 at Norfolk Coroner’s Court in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard Mr MacMillan was a student and was born in Islington in North London.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake gave the medical cause of death as traumatic brain injury due to a road traffic collision.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
The inquest has now been adjourned until February 25 next year.