Inquest hears Islington student died after crashing into tree
- Credit: Archant
A student from Islington died after crashing into a tree, an inquest has heard.
Eighteen-year-old Daniel MacMillan died at the scene of the crash on East Ruston Road in Norfolk’s Lessingham, near Happisburgh.
He was driving a silver Ford Fiesta which hit a tree on August 27 before 8am.
The crash closed the road, stopped bus services into the coastal village by Eccles-on-Sea and prompted Norfolk Constabulary to appeal for witnesses, information or dashcam footage of the incident.
An inquest into his death opened on Tuesday, September 1 at Norfolk Coroner’s Court in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard Mr MacMillan was a student and was born in Islington in North London.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake gave the medical cause of death as traumatic brain injury due to a road traffic collision.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
The inquest has now been adjourned until February 25 next year.