Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- Credit: Islington Council
Parts of The Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened following the fire earlier this month.
The centre will fully open on Monday, January 24, with all functions in operation.
The Old Street fitness centre was damaged by a blaze at around 10am on January 6 following reports it had sparked inside a sauna. Nobody was injured.
The gym, studio and squash courts opened its doors to the public for the first time since the fire on Wednesday, January 19.
GLL, the gym chain running fitness centre, and Islington Council have worked together closely to repair the facilities as quickly as possible.
The historic swimming pool remains closed, but in a press statement GLL announced that: “Swim customers will be able to return soon, and we will give an update on reopening plans for the pool shortly.”
GLL has temporarily upgraded swimming memberships for UK-wide use so members can use any pool, including Archway Leisure Centre, Cally Pool, and Highbury Leisure Centre.
- 1 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 2 Mother Clucker! Fried chicken restaurant to open in Upper Street
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 6 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 7 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 8 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 9 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 10 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
For updates visit www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/london/islington/ironmonger-row-baths.