‘Is anyone missing a large snake?’: Frightened neighbour finds reptile on boiler
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A “large snake” scared an Islington neighbour when they discovered it nestled atop their boiler.
Police were called to collect the reptile, but they haven't yet confirmed its species or exact size.
"Is anyone missing a large snake?," Islington Police tweeted this morning.
"We have one at Islington Police Station that was found by a rather startled member of the public. He made himself comfortable on top of their boiler. Found in the N1 area."
The account later added: "A large brown and gold reticulated python has been releassssssed without charge after being found unexpectedly in a home in Islington."
You may also want to watch:
The RSPCA has collected the snake.
Please call 101 CAD 198/31JUL19
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 8 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 9 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 10 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
Did you find the snake? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org