‘Is anyone missing a large snake?’: Frightened neighbour finds reptile on boiler
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A “large snake” scared an Islington neighbour when they discovered it nestled atop their boiler.
Police were called to collect the reptile, but they haven't yet confirmed its species or exact size.
"Is anyone missing a large snake?," Islington Police tweeted this morning.
"We have one at Islington Police Station that was found by a rather startled member of the public. He made himself comfortable on top of their boiler. Found in the N1 area."
The account later added: "A large brown and gold reticulated python has been releassssssed without charge after being found unexpectedly in a home in Islington."
You may also want to watch:
The RSPCA has collected the snake.
Please call 101 CAD 198/31JUL19
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
Did you find the snake? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email email@example.com