Islington actor Joe Swash relives jungle fears for Sport Relief
Actor and former king of the jungle Joe Swash has relived his bug eating hell in aid of charity.
The 31-year-old I’m a Celebrity...Get me out of Here! star from Islington tucked into a meal of jungle creatures to raise money for Sport Relief.
He joined a host of other celebrities on website fivesquids.co.uk with visitors paying �5 to guess how many bugs he can eat in 60 seconds, with all money going to good causes. The first five people to guess the correct number, or closest to it, will win a T-shirt.
Speaking after his challenge, Joe – best known for his role as Micky Miller in EastEnders – said: “I don’t know whether it’s with age, but that was awful. It was definitely on a par with the jungle stuff; they were crunchy and disgusting.”
Log on to www.fivesquids.co.uk to guess how many bugs Joe ate. The site, founded by entrepreneur Terry Koutsios, lists services for just �5 with users also able to request services for a fiver.
Mr Koutsios said: “It’s great to have celebs such as Joe using the site and helping to raise money for Sport Relief. Every penny our celebs raise through fivesquids will go directly to the charity.”
- 1 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 8 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 9 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 10 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'