Islington actor Joe Swash relives jungle fears for Sport Relief
Actor and former king of the jungle Joe Swash has relived his bug eating hell in aid of charity.
The 31-year-old I’m a Celebrity...Get me out of Here! star from Islington tucked into a meal of jungle creatures to raise money for Sport Relief.
He joined a host of other celebrities on website fivesquids.co.uk with visitors paying �5 to guess how many bugs he can eat in 60 seconds, with all money going to good causes. The first five people to guess the correct number, or closest to it, will win a T-shirt.
Speaking after his challenge, Joe – best known for his role as Micky Miller in EastEnders – said: “I don’t know whether it’s with age, but that was awful. It was definitely on a par with the jungle stuff; they were crunchy and disgusting.”
Log on to www.fivesquids.co.uk to guess how many bugs Joe ate. The site, founded by entrepreneur Terry Koutsios, lists services for just �5 with users also able to request services for a fiver.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Koutsios said: “It’s great to have celebs such as Joe using the site and helping to raise money for Sport Relief. Every penny our celebs raise through fivesquids will go directly to the charity.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington