Islington actor Joe Swash relives jungle fears for Sport Relief
Actor and former king of the jungle Joe Swash has relived his bug eating hell in aid of charity.
The 31-year-old I’m a Celebrity...Get me out of Here! star from Islington tucked into a meal of jungle creatures to raise money for Sport Relief.
He joined a host of other celebrities on website fivesquids.co.uk with visitors paying �5 to guess how many bugs he can eat in 60 seconds, with all money going to good causes. The first five people to guess the correct number, or closest to it, will win a T-shirt.
Speaking after his challenge, Joe – best known for his role as Micky Miller in EastEnders – said: “I don’t know whether it’s with age, but that was awful. It was definitely on a par with the jungle stuff; they were crunchy and disgusting.”
Log on to www.fivesquids.co.uk to guess how many bugs Joe ate. The site, founded by entrepreneur Terry Koutsios, lists services for just �5 with users also able to request services for a fiver.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Koutsios said: “It’s great to have celebs such as Joe using the site and helping to raise money for Sport Relief. Every penny our celebs raise through fivesquids will go directly to the charity.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension