Islington adventure playgrounds scoop top prizes at London Play Awards
- Credit: Archant
It’s official: Islington has London’s best, coolest and most inclusive playgrounds.
Awesome CIC, the firm that took the running of six adventure parks across the borough last year, scooped three London Play Awards this week.
Cape in Crouch Hill won London playground of the year, Waterside in Dame Street was voted coolest and Barnard in Barnard Park, Barnsbury was named the most inclusive.
Becky Pryce, director of play for Awesome, said: “We are all so happy and chuffed to have won these three awards, especially after we’ve just gone though our first year managing the six adventure playgrounds in Islington , it’s the icing on the cake!”
Jessica, 10, who uses Cape felt it was a great decision. She said: “I was really excited and happy when we won. I like Cape Adventure Playground, it’s the best adventure playground in the world.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'