Islington adventure playgrounds scoop top prizes at London Play Awards
- Credit: Archant
It’s official: Islington has London’s best, coolest and most inclusive playgrounds.
Awesome CIC, the firm that took the running of six adventure parks across the borough last year, scooped three London Play Awards this week.
Cape in Crouch Hill won London playground of the year, Waterside in Dame Street was voted coolest and Barnard in Barnard Park, Barnsbury was named the most inclusive.
Becky Pryce, director of play for Awesome, said: “We are all so happy and chuffed to have won these three awards, especially after we’ve just gone though our first year managing the six adventure playgrounds in Islington , it’s the icing on the cake!”
Jessica, 10, who uses Cape felt it was a great decision. She said: “I was really excited and happy when we won. I like Cape Adventure Playground, it’s the best adventure playground in the world.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller