Cyclist injured after collision with police in City Road
- Credit: André Langlois
A cyclist was taken to hospital after a collision in City Road, involving police responding to an emergency on Sunday (May 23).
The crash happened at about 5.15pm and involved a marked police vehicle.
The cyclist, a 43-year-old man, was injured and treated at the scene before being taken to an east London hospital by ambulance. His condition is not known.
A Met Police spokesperson said: "The police vehicle was understood to have been on its way to an emergency incident at the time of the collision.
"The Met's directorate of professional standards has been informed.
"City Road has been partially closed and is likely to remain so for some time while enquiries are carried out."
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting