Cyclist injured after collision with police in City Road
- Credit: André Langlois
A cyclist was taken to hospital after a collision in City Road, involving police responding to an emergency on Sunday (May 23).
The crash happened at about 5.15pm and involved a marked police vehicle.
The cyclist, a 43-year-old man, was injured and treated at the scene before being taken to an east London hospital by ambulance. His condition is not known.
A Met Police spokesperson said: "The police vehicle was understood to have been on its way to an emergency incident at the time of the collision.
"The Met's directorate of professional standards has been informed.
"City Road has been partially closed and is likely to remain so for some time while enquiries are carried out."
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 5 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?