Cyclist injured after collision with police in City Road
- Credit: André Langlois
A cyclist was taken to hospital after a collision in City Road, involving police responding to an emergency on Sunday (May 23).
The crash happened at about 5.15pm and involved a marked police vehicle.
The cyclist, a 43-year-old man, was injured and treated at the scene before being taken to an east London hospital by ambulance. His condition is not known.
A Met Police spokesperson said: "The police vehicle was understood to have been on its way to an emergency incident at the time of the collision.
"The Met's directorate of professional standards has been informed.
"City Road has been partially closed and is likely to remain so for some time while enquiries are carried out."
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 7 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes