Islington baker thanks riot police
A baker has thanked police for their tireless work during the recent riot in the only way she knows how – through the medium of cupcakes.
Cynthia Akinsanya, 42, who runs Delight Cakes from home in Caledonian Road, has delivered a batch of handmade cupcakes bearing the legend Love London to the officers of Islington police station on Friday (August 12).
Cynthia, whose motto is ‘make cake not hate’, made the vanilla and sponge gesture to spread some love in the borough after a troubled week for residents.
She said: “It went really well – the officers were so chuffed that someone had thought of them, it was really nice. We really need to say thank you for what they have done. A lot of them had done three days straight in very tricky situations, so it was good to show them some appreciation.
She added: “Just as I left one officer tried one and he said it was delicious.”
You may also want to watch:
Cynthia’s cakes can be ordered at www.delightsbycynthia.com
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 4 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 5 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 6 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 10 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign