Islington baker thanks riot police
A baker has thanked police for their tireless work during the recent riot in the only way she knows how – through the medium of cupcakes.
Cynthia Akinsanya, 42, who runs Delight Cakes from home in Caledonian Road, has delivered a batch of handmade cupcakes bearing the legend Love London to the officers of Islington police station on Friday (August 12).
Cynthia, whose motto is ‘make cake not hate’, made the vanilla and sponge gesture to spread some love in the borough after a troubled week for residents.
She said: “It went really well – the officers were so chuffed that someone had thought of them, it was really nice. We really need to say thank you for what they have done. A lot of them had done three days straight in very tricky situations, so it was good to show them some appreciation.
She added: “Just as I left one officer tried one and he said it was delicious.”
You may also want to watch:
Cynthia’s cakes can be ordered at www.delightsbycynthia.com
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week