Carers Week: Online events programme will celebrate carers’ contribution to Islington
- Credit: PA
The importance of unpaid carers will be highlighted by a programme of events in Islington from June 8–14.
Islington Carers Hub is hosting a week of online activities for carers week, together with its partner charity Centre 404, which supports people with disabilities and autism.
The week is intended to highlight the challenges carers face and recognise the contribution they make to families and their communities.
This year the carers week campaign in Islington will taking place online via Zoom, due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Events will include a dance class, self-pampering session, quiz and poetry readings.
You may also want to watch:
Zefrin Rahman, carers and community manager at Islington Carers Hub, said: “It is vital that we recognise the contribution of carers and focus on what we, as a community, can do to help support them in their role.”
For further details visit: islingtoncarershub.org.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault