Carers Week: Online events programme will celebrate carers’ contribution to Islington
- Credit: PA
The importance of unpaid carers will be highlighted by a programme of events in Islington from June 8–14.
Islington Carers Hub is hosting a week of online activities for carers week, together with its partner charity Centre 404, which supports people with disabilities and autism.
The week is intended to highlight the challenges carers face and recognise the contribution they make to families and their communities.
This year the carers week campaign in Islington will taking place online via Zoom, due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Events will include a dance class, self-pampering session, quiz and poetry readings.
You may also want to watch:
Zefrin Rahman, carers and community manager at Islington Carers Hub, said: “It is vital that we recognise the contribution of carers and focus on what we, as a community, can do to help support them in their role.”
For further details visit: islingtoncarershub.org.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern