Islington charity invites ex-users of mentoring service to celebrate 40th birthday
- Credit: PA
Since 1977 an Islington charity has run a mentoring service for children in need of support – now it wants to hear from anyone who has benefited from it.
Family Action in City Road is looking for people who had a mentor, was a mentor or simply helped out with the Friendship Works scheme to be part of its landmark 40th birthday celebrations.
Since launching, the service has grown and now operates in Tower Hamlets, Lambeth and Camden too.
“You may have been involved with when it was a befriending project called Big Friend/Little Friend or when it became known as the Friend United Network (Fun),” said Ros Moody. “Whenever you have been part of the family we want you to help us celebrate our 40th birthday, so please get in touch.”
Contact Ros at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7375 6913.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit family-action.org.uk/friendshipworks.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'