Islington charity invites ex-users of mentoring service to celebrate 40th birthday
- Credit: PA
Since 1977 an Islington charity has run a mentoring service for children in need of support – now it wants to hear from anyone who has benefited from it.
Family Action in City Road is looking for people who had a mentor, was a mentor or simply helped out with the Friendship Works scheme to be part of its landmark 40th birthday celebrations.
Since launching, the service has grown and now operates in Tower Hamlets, Lambeth and Camden too.
“You may have been involved with when it was a befriending project called Big Friend/Little Friend or when it became known as the Friend United Network (Fun),” said Ros Moody. “Whenever you have been part of the family we want you to help us celebrate our 40th birthday, so please get in touch.”
Contact Ros at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7375 6913.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit family-action.org.uk/friendshipworks.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing