Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- Credit: Google
Police are searching for two suspects after a "brutal attack" in Islington in which a teenager was stabbed in the face.
At about 7pm on January 7, the emergency services were called to Corporation Street over a "fight in progress".
London Ambulance Service staff took a 15-year-old with facial stab wounds to a north London hospital for treatment.
Two suspects - one believed to be in a car and the other on a moped - had fled the scene before the Met Police arrived, and officers from the Met’s Gangs Unit are working to trace them.
Det Con Maddie Johnson, leading the investigation, said: "This was a brutal attack which has left the victim with facial injuries that could be with him for the rest of his life. We are committed to finding those responsible and ensuring they are held accountable for their actions.
You may also want to watch:
“Were you in the area that evening and remember seeing something suspicious? We urge anyone who may have information to please get in touch with police.”
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 4 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 5 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 6 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 8 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 9 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 10 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 with reference CAD 5644/07 JAN.
Alternatively, contact independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.