Islington Council outlines Easter activity programme
ISLINGTON Council has organised a bumper programme of free or cheap activities to keep children entertained over the Easter holidays.
The Easter activities programme, which starts on Saturday April 9 and runs during the two-week school holidays, includes play schemes, football skills courses and story telling.
The fun kicks off with a free afternoon of natural play, games and activities on Saturday (April 9) in Paradise Park, in Mackenzie Road, Holloway, between 12pm and 4pm.
Youngsters can head to Newington Green between 2 and 4pm on Thursday April 21 for an Easter egg hunt, egg decorating and wacky races and football fanatics will want to join in the free Arsenal coaching sessions at Elthorne Park, Archway, on Friday April 22.
Free swimming is available for children aged three and under at any of Islington Council pools while it is �1 for children under 16.
You may also want to watch:
Young people need to bring along proof of ID, date of birth and address to pick up a free membership card from Aquaterra at Archway Leisure Centre, Cally Pool or Highbury Pool.
Islington Council’s executive member for children and young people, councillor Richard Watts, said: “As a parent, I know it can be difficult to keep children entertained during the school holidays.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 5 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
The council and its partners have organised a great range of activities for children and young people to get involved in over the Easter break. With many Islington families struggling with tight family budgets, it is more important than ever that we’ve made sure these activities are free or low cost.”
A dance club night for teenagers aged 12 to 16 is being held in the Relentless Garage, on Highbury Corner, on Friday April 15.
The full Easter programme can be viewed online at http://events.islington.gov.uk/easteractive.aspx
The activities are aimed at three to 19 year-olds and up to the age of 25 for disabled young people or those with learning difficulties.