Islington Council’s career roadshow for National Apprenticeship Week
- Credit: Archant
Islington Council is hosting a career events roadshow at a series of locations across the borough for National Apprenticeship Week.
The council’s youth employment team is running Aspire career events from Monday to Friday to show young people from all backgrounds some of the apprenticeship opportunities available to them.
The sessions will help introduce 16-25 year olds to potential employers
Islington’s economy and jobs chief, Cllr Asima Shaikh said: “It’s really important that we give people support and advice to fulfil their potential.
“Learning while working is hugely rewarding, it’s important young people from all backgrounds are able to explore their options and the opportunities.”
You may also want to watch:
There are sessions for 16- to 25-year-olds at St Mary’s Youth Open House on Tuesday from 5pm and 8pm, and at Jubba Youth Community Association between 5pm and 6pm on Wednesday, and finally at the Highbury Roundhouse from 7pm and 8pm that same evening.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 9 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 10 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases