Islington Council’s career roadshow for National Apprenticeship Week
- Credit: Archant
Islington Council is hosting a career events roadshow at a series of locations across the borough for National Apprenticeship Week.
The council’s youth employment team is running Aspire career events from Monday to Friday to show young people from all backgrounds some of the apprenticeship opportunities available to them.
The sessions will help introduce 16-25 year olds to potential employers
Islington’s economy and jobs chief, Cllr Asima Shaikh said: “It’s really important that we give people support and advice to fulfil their potential.
“Learning while working is hugely rewarding, it’s important young people from all backgrounds are able to explore their options and the opportunities.”
You may also want to watch:
There are sessions for 16- to 25-year-olds at St Mary’s Youth Open House on Tuesday from 5pm and 8pm, and at Jubba Youth Community Association between 5pm and 6pm on Wednesday, and finally at the Highbury Roundhouse from 7pm and 8pm that same evening.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago