Islington Council’s new family homes are unveiled
A new Finsbury Park development will offer much-needed housing for overcrowded families.
The Islington Council new build in Seven Sisters Road was unveiled on Monday on a ‘walk through’ attended by borough housing chiefs and Cllr James Murray, Islington Council’s executive member for housing.
Cllr Murray said: “We are desperately short of affordable family homes in Islington, but the new development at Seven Sisters Road provides high-quality accommodation for nearly 30 people at social rent.”
The properties will be on the site of a doctor’s surgery on the corner of Durham Road.
The six family homes will provide accommodation for 29 people, including two five-bedroom houses, to help address the chronic shortage of large family-sized homes in Islington.
You may also want to watch:
Three two-bedroom flats and one three-bedroom flat will also be available, and Islington residents will be prioritised in the bidding thanks to Islington Council’s local lettings policy.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend