Islington Council’s new family homes are unveiled
A new Finsbury Park development will offer much-needed housing for overcrowded families.
The Islington Council new build in Seven Sisters Road was unveiled on Monday on a ‘walk through’ attended by borough housing chiefs and Cllr James Murray, Islington Council’s executive member for housing.
Cllr Murray said: “We are desperately short of affordable family homes in Islington, but the new development at Seven Sisters Road provides high-quality accommodation for nearly 30 people at social rent.”
The properties will be on the site of a doctor’s surgery on the corner of Durham Road.
The six family homes will provide accommodation for 29 people, including two five-bedroom houses, to help address the chronic shortage of large family-sized homes in Islington.
You may also want to watch:
Three two-bedroom flats and one three-bedroom flat will also be available, and Islington residents will be prioritised in the bidding thanks to Islington Council’s local lettings policy.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 3 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 4 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 7 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules