Islington Council’s new family homes are unveiled
A new Finsbury Park development will offer much-needed housing for overcrowded families.
The Islington Council new build in Seven Sisters Road was unveiled on Monday on a ‘walk through’ attended by borough housing chiefs and Cllr James Murray, Islington Council’s executive member for housing.
Cllr Murray said: “We are desperately short of affordable family homes in Islington, but the new development at Seven Sisters Road provides high-quality accommodation for nearly 30 people at social rent.”
The properties will be on the site of a doctor’s surgery on the corner of Durham Road.
The six family homes will provide accommodation for 29 people, including two five-bedroom houses, to help address the chronic shortage of large family-sized homes in Islington.
You may also want to watch:
Three two-bedroom flats and one three-bedroom flat will also be available, and Islington residents will be prioritised in the bidding thanks to Islington Council’s local lettings policy.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 7 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 8 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Islington district seal victory over Camden