Islington Council’s new family homes are unveiled
A new Finsbury Park development will offer much-needed housing for overcrowded families.
The Islington Council new build in Seven Sisters Road was unveiled on Monday on a ‘walk through’ attended by borough housing chiefs and Cllr James Murray, Islington Council’s executive member for housing.
Cllr Murray said: “We are desperately short of affordable family homes in Islington, but the new development at Seven Sisters Road provides high-quality accommodation for nearly 30 people at social rent.”
The properties will be on the site of a doctor’s surgery on the corner of Durham Road.
The six family homes will provide accommodation for 29 people, including two five-bedroom houses, to help address the chronic shortage of large family-sized homes in Islington.
You may also want to watch:
Three two-bedroom flats and one three-bedroom flat will also be available, and Islington residents will be prioritised in the bidding thanks to Islington Council’s local lettings policy.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 3 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 4 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 9 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington