Islington Council’s new family homes are unveiled
A new Finsbury Park development will offer much-needed housing for overcrowded families.
The Islington Council new build in Seven Sisters Road was unveiled on Monday on a ‘walk through’ attended by borough housing chiefs and Cllr James Murray, Islington Council’s executive member for housing.
Cllr Murray said: “We are desperately short of affordable family homes in Islington, but the new development at Seven Sisters Road provides high-quality accommodation for nearly 30 people at social rent.”
The properties will be on the site of a doctor’s surgery on the corner of Durham Road.
The six family homes will provide accommodation for 29 people, including two five-bedroom houses, to help address the chronic shortage of large family-sized homes in Islington.
Three two-bedroom flats and one three-bedroom flat will also be available, and Islington residents will be prioritised in the bidding thanks to Islington Council’s local lettings policy.
- 1 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 2 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 3 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 4 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 5 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 6 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 7 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 8 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op