Islington blogger crowdfunding £1,200 towards project to tackle climate crisis
- Credit: Kimi Gill for Islington Faces
An Islington writer is crowdfunding to start a project where neighbours can share their ideas on how to tackle the climate crisis.
Nicola Baird, founder of Islington Faces Blog and a Gazette columnist, is hoping to set up a new initiative called Everyone Has An Energy Story.
READ MORE: Nicola Baird on how to create a better world
Residents will be interviewed about their understanding of reaching carbon-zero, with the hope of connecting them to local energy “experts” who can offer advice on practical energy-saving steps.
Islington Faces will receive £1,000 from Marks & Spencer (M&S) Energy - a service that provides 100 per cent renewably-sourced electricity to its customers - if it can raise £1,200 between November 23 and December 21.
The crowdfunder raised £412 in its first week, with the project due to commence in 2021.
You may also want to watch:
Islington Council last year declared a climate emergency and pledged to reach net-zero carbon by 2030.
View Nicola's fundraiser at https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/everyone-has-an-energy-story
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 6 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant