Islington blogger crowdfunding £1,200 towards project to tackle climate crisis
- Credit: Kimi Gill for Islington Faces
An Islington writer is crowdfunding to start a project where neighbours can share their ideas on how to tackle the climate crisis.
Nicola Baird, founder of Islington Faces Blog and a Gazette columnist, is hoping to set up a new initiative called Everyone Has An Energy Story.
READ MORE: Nicola Baird on how to create a better world
Residents will be interviewed about their understanding of reaching carbon-zero, with the hope of connecting them to local energy “experts” who can offer advice on practical energy-saving steps.
Islington Faces will receive £1,000 from Marks & Spencer (M&S) Energy - a service that provides 100 per cent renewably-sourced electricity to its customers - if it can raise £1,200 between November 23 and December 21.
The crowdfunder raised £412 in its first week, with the project due to commence in 2021.
You may also want to watch:
Islington Council last year declared a climate emergency and pledged to reach net-zero carbon by 2030.
View Nicola's fundraiser at https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/everyone-has-an-energy-story
- 1 Islington shooting victim named
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 5 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 New mural in Finsbury Park aims to 'send a message to Boris Johnson'