Islington dancer given chance to perform for Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt
An aspiring young dancer has won the opportunity to appear at a prestigious international event which features Got To Dance judge and former Pussycat Doll, Kimberly Wyatt.
Michael Stewart, 19, of Caledonian Road, Islington, was one of the winners of a recent Move It dance competition and will perform as part of the organisers’ Dream Team.
A student at The Urdang Academy in Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury, Michael hopes that this will be a stepping stone to a successful career.
He said: “My ambition is to finish a day at work and see thousands of people applauding and leaving the theatre happy.”
The event at the Olympia in Kensington takes place in March and will attract over 20,000 dance fans.
You may also want to watch:
A highlight will be a collaboration between Flawless and the English National Ballet, fusing ballet and streetdance. Also appearing will be Akai, James Hobley, Twist & Pulse and many others.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 How much do you know about Islington?
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 'Eidevall has turned Arsenal from believers into contenders'