Islington dancer given chance to perform for Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt
An aspiring young dancer has won the opportunity to appear at a prestigious international event which features Got To Dance judge and former Pussycat Doll, Kimberly Wyatt.
Michael Stewart, 19, of Caledonian Road, Islington, was one of the winners of a recent Move It dance competition and will perform as part of the organisers’ Dream Team.
A student at The Urdang Academy in Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury, Michael hopes that this will be a stepping stone to a successful career.
He said: “My ambition is to finish a day at work and see thousands of people applauding and leaving the theatre happy.”
The event at the Olympia in Kensington takes place in March and will attract over 20,000 dance fans.
You may also want to watch:
A highlight will be a collaboration between Flawless and the English National Ballet, fusing ballet and streetdance. Also appearing will be Akai, James Hobley, Twist & Pulse and many others.
- 1 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents