Islington dancer given chance to perform for Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt
An aspiring young dancer has won the opportunity to appear at a prestigious international event which features Got To Dance judge and former Pussycat Doll, Kimberly Wyatt.
Michael Stewart, 19, of Caledonian Road, Islington, was one of the winners of a recent Move It dance competition and will perform as part of the organisers’ Dream Team.
A student at The Urdang Academy in Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury, Michael hopes that this will be a stepping stone to a successful career.
He said: “My ambition is to finish a day at work and see thousands of people applauding and leaving the theatre happy.”
The event at the Olympia in Kensington takes place in March and will attract over 20,000 dance fans.
You may also want to watch:
A highlight will be a collaboration between Flawless and the English National Ballet, fusing ballet and streetdance. Also appearing will be Akai, James Hobley, Twist & Pulse and many others.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 10 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'