Islington designers share their love of arts for Valentine’s Day
TALENTED types are convinced visitors to a Valentine’s craft fair will fall in love with their creative designs.
The Creative Heart’s show is being held at Craft Central’s Gallery in St John’s Square, Finsbury, until Sunday.
The 15 resident artisans have all made special heart-themed crafts ranging from dotty-handled tea cups to wall hangings, and jewellery.
The gallery space has been transformed with heart shaped and themed gifts decorating the interior.
Costumier Anna Marie Genuise created a Queen of Hearts ballet dress for the event, modelled by her daughter in the poster outside the shop.
Anna Marie said: “I’ve always loved creating costumes for dramatic performance, in particular ballet and opera.”
Other products include a hand-printed Hearts and Crafts textile wall-hanging created by Jane Young and Nick Darrieulat from London Kills Me.
- 1 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 2 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 5 Islington shisha smuggler sentenced for £230,000 tax fraud
- 6 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 8 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 9 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
- 10 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
“Our company is committed to the revival and preservation of craft practices,” said Jane.
“And our hanging is like an archive of our designs. It illustrates the heart of London Kills Me.”
The designers are all hoping to raise money for the British Heart Foundation by donating five per cent of their sales to the charity to mark its 50th anniversary.
Local businesses will also be supporting Creative Hearts by providing prizes for special fundraising events during the show.
Craft Central supports UK craft and design makers, by providing affordable studio space, exhibition facilities and networking opportunities.